Can you believe we’ve reached the end of the year already? With 2011 at our doorstep, let’s step back and take a look at the best of bridal fashion in 2010. Here’s our top 10 wedding dress trends in 2010 we’d like to see continue in 2011.
1. Wedding dresses with sleeves – after many years of strapless wedding gown styles, it’s nice to see variations of the covered shoulders.
2. Wedding dresses with pockets – when beauty and practicality meets, the bride wins!
3. Peplum wedding gowns – a boon for brides with narrow hips, this ladylike accent accentuates the waist and gives an illusion of curves.
4. Crumb catcher neckline – boost in the bust department with cleverly placed pleats.
5. Mermaid, empire and sheath wedding dresses – move over A-line, the figure hugging wedding dress is here to stay.
6. Ball gown wedding dresses – the fuller silhouette is also making a big comeback.
7. Draped wedding gowns – most brides can benefit from the use of form-flattering drapes around the bodice or waist.
8. Color wedding dresses – a blush of rose, a touch of peach, a hint of baby blue –- or a little metallic sheen –- make beautiful alternatives to white and ivory.
9. Short wedding dresses – the shorter hemline is fab and fun and the perfect way to show off your shoes.
10. Romantic wedding dresses – multiple tiers, airy tulles, lovely lace, blooming rosettes, romantic ruffles, feminine flounces, luxurious layering and sparkling sequins. It’s time for pretty!
What’s your favorite bridal trend in 2010? What would you like to see more of in bridal fashion for 2011?